Current Show Information
Mamma Mia (May/June 2020)
Production & Creative Team
Please contact the Producer if you are experiencing any issues with bullying, harassment, or personal issues. Please
contact the Producer for anything concerning ticketing, marketing and the committee. The Producer is the point of contact for any scheduling issues.
0403 323 790 | email@example.com
Please contact the Heads of Departments first if you need to discuss anything to do with major production elements.
0408 882 428 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Director if you wish to discuss anything related to your performance.
0439 393 909 | email@example.com
Please contact the Music Director if you have any questions regarding the music or your vocals.
0411 830 444 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Costume Designer for all queries related to costume.
0400 599 129 | email@example.com
Please contact Lachie if you wish to discuss anything related to set construction.
0427 079 338 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Blaxland High School – Monday & Thursday nights, 7.30 – 10.30pm.
- First Rehearsal – Thursday 30th January 2020
- All Day Rehearsal – Sunday March 22nd
- Sitzprobe – 2-5pm, Saturday May 9th
Blue Mountains Theatre
- Bump In – Saturday May 16th
- Bump In – Sunday May 17th
- Tech Rehearsal #1 – Sunday May 17th (5pm – 11pm)
- Tech Rehearsal #2 – Tuesday May 19th (6pm – 11pm)
- Dress Rehearsal #1 – Wednesday May 20th (6.25pm – 11pm)
- Dress Rehearsal #2 – Thursday May 21st (6.25pm – 11pm)
- Bump Out – Sunday June 7th
- Cast Dinner (venue TBA) – 6.30pm, Monday June 8th
Blue Mountains Theatre
- Saturday May 23rd @ 8pm
- Sunday May 24th @ 2pm
- Friday May 29th @ 8pm
- Saturday May 30th @ 2pm
- Saturday May 30th @ 8pm
- Sunday May 31st @ 2pm
- Thursday June 4th @ 8pm
- Friday June 5th @ 8pm
- Saturday June 6th @ 2pm
- Saturday June 6th @ 8pm
- Sunday June 7th @ 2pm
Springwood Foundation Day
- Saturday 28th March
- Day time
- Details TBC
Cabaret for Cambodia
- Saturday 2nd May
- Evening time
- Details TBC
Open Mic Night
- Saturday 14th March
- Springwood Sports Club
- Saturday 18th April
- Springwood Sports Club
- Please contact Kate Smith (Producer) if you have a scheduling issue and cannot attend a general rehearsal or if you are running late to a general rehearsal.
- All cast are expected to attend all the above calls in bold. If there are any issues please contact Kate Smith (Producer) as soon as possible.
- All cast will be required at the theatre 1.5 hours before the beginning of each performance.
- All cast members are required to sign in and out as they arrive and leave the theatre. Cast members under 18 years of age are not permitted to leave the theatre without a guardian or prior consent.
- $185 per person
- Includes show t-shirt
- Equates to $5 per rehearsal plus a $25 t-shirt.
- You will receive an invoice via email with a link to pay online.
- If you are not able to pay online, payments can be made by EFT to BSB: 032-370 Acc: 125798 or you can email email@example.com arrange an alternate payment arrangement. Please include your name in the description when transferring funds.
Cast Dinner (Optional)
- Monday 8th June 2020
- Location: TBA
- ~$35 (to be confirmed closer to the date)
General Show Information
Commitment and Attendance
Putting on a show is a huge task that involves countless hours of work and a large amount of people. We have less money, less hours and less resources than a professional production and yet we have a paying audience to which we have to deliver a certain level of quality. For this reason, we need every person who is involved to be committed to making the best show we possibly can.
- Please avoid missing rehearsals where you can. If you must miss a rehearsal advise the Producer as soon as possible. We may need to change the schedule which will affect other cast members for that rehearsal as well as future rehearsals.
- If you miss a rehearsal for a particular scene, we cannot guarantee you will be in the scene unless you told us of your absence prior to scheduling.
- If you miss 3 rehearsals without 24 hours notice the production team will meet to discuss your position within the
- Arrive promptly at all rehearsals – the hall is generally open half an hour before rehearsal is scheduled to begin. If you arrive at the start time, you are late. It is a good idea to arrive 10/15 minutes early to each rehearsal, so you have time to have a drink, catch up and get yourself organised.
- If you ARE running late you must contact the Producer before the start time of the rehearsal.
- Warm-up BEFORE you get to rehearsals. We’ve got to create an entire full-length musical in 78 hours; we don’t have time to do warm-ups during our allotted time. We understand it can be difficult for those of you coming straight from work or classes, but a quick vocal warm-up can be done in the car, and some stretching at the lights!
- Bring a water bottle to every rehearsal, along with some snacks if you need them.
- Sign in and out every single time you enter or leave the venue. There is no reason to adjust your time of arrival. We’re already aware of those who have entered late. The Sign In/Out sheet is not for us to review who arrived on time and who was late, it is only for use in the case of emergency. If your name is not on that list and the building burns down, we will have no record of you being inside.
- Rehearsals are not practise time. They are the time to put what you have been practising at home into place. Again, we do not have the time to revise things again and again. It is expected that once you work on a scene, song or dance that it is learnt by the next time it is worked on.
- It is important to remember that everyone has a role to do in order to create the show. The Director should be the only person directing, the Costume Designer should be the only one designing the costumes and each performer is the only one who can play their part. The success of the show is dependent on each person carrying out their role to their upmost ability, rather than focusing on doing other people’s jobs for them.
Cast and Crew Facebook Group
The BMMS Mamma Mia | Cast and Crew Facebook Group is created to aid with communication, materials and contact information for the current production. Please ensure you have joined the group, and have notifications turned on.
- All posts on the group need to be approved by a member of the production team. Your post may not be approved for any of the following reasons:
- It is something that can be addressed one on one. In this case you will receive a private message from one of the team.
- It is deemed to be an example of bullying or harassment.
- It presents a strong religious/political/social opinion that may not align with everyone in the group.
- It is advertising for a different production. We encourage supporting each other as much as possible, but this kind of post is better suited to BMMS Social.
- Closer to show time we will not be approving jokes, silly photos etc as they clog up the feed when people need to find important posts.
On the group, you will find:
- A rehearsal schedule.
- Latest news and updates regarding any facet of the production.
- Materials such as official cast recordings, publicity material, vocal parts, backing tracks etc.
It is your responsibility to keep checking the group for the latest information, especially in regards to rehearsal scheduling.
- While the majority of your costume will be provided by the society, most cast members will be required to provide their own shoes. The shoes needed will be discussed on an individual basis with the designer, but will be inexpensive, easily accessible, or something you already own.
- Some additional accessories may need to be provided by the cast, for example belts, hair bands, etc.
- All cast will be expected to wear neutral coloured underwear during dress rehearsals and performances.
- Please do not change the style or colour of your hair during the duration of rehearsal without prior discussing this with the director and designer.
- Please discuss any significant alterations to your appearance with the director and designer.
There will be a number of promotional opportunities for this show. These are a chance to market the show, as well as a chance to perform in from of an audience before opening night. Generally, friends and family are welcome to come and watch those events.
Please check the Facebook group to remain up to date with promotional performances.
- COSTUME PARADE: All cast get dressed in their costume and line up so the Costume Designer and Director can see what is missing, what needs to be changed etc.
- SITZPROBE: The first rehearsal with the orchestra. The cast sits down and sings through the entire show with the orchestra.
- BUMP IN: When all of the set, costumes, sound and lights are moved into the performance space. This is a huge task which requires a lot of helping hands. A detailed schedule will be released closer to the date.
- TECH REHEARSAL: A rehearsal on the stage, with the orchestra and all technical elements of the show – sound, lighting, costume, set, hair, makeup and special effects. The show is stopped and restarted. Highly technical sections will be rehearsed more than once.
- DRESS REHEARSAL: A rehearsal that is as close to a performance as possible. Ideally there are no stops. There may be an invited audience as well as photography and videography.
- BUMP OUT: Everything is cleaned and removed from the performance venue after the final show. This is another huge task that requires as many hands as possible to get it done in a timely manner. All adult cast members are expected to assist with bump out.
- CAST AWARDS DINNER: A celebratory dinner we hold after the closing performance which is a chance to say goodbye, laugh about the last few months, and everyone gets a certificate for their contribution.